- dead-radiowaves reblogged this from sonoftherevolution
- dead-radiowaves likes this
- meanleandeanmachine likes this
- thecheshirekitteh likes this
- angelic-rising-demon likes this
- literallystrawberryfields reblogged this from sonoftherevolution
- literallystrawberryfields likes this
- grandeslignes reblogged this from sonoftherevolution
- ask-theparadoxtwins likes this
- dancingdeancasqueen reblogged this from sonoftherevolution
- zagreus-taking-time-apart likes this
- xxluna13xx likes this
- truesupernatural13 reblogged this from sonoftherevolution
- truesupernatural13 likes this
- allan6278 reblogged this from sonoftherevolution
- allan6278 likes this
- strong-enough-to-giv-up likes this
- chey0taku reblogged this from 8-hailhydra
- protect-armin likes this
- 8-hailhydra likes this
- 8-hailhydra reblogged this from sonoftherevolution
- princessjazymne reblogged this from sonoftherevolution
- princessjazymne likes this
- the-science-of-cumberbatch reblogged this from sonoftherevolution
- sweet-love-und-romance likes this
- jackbandos likes this
- might-be-spicy likes this
- jenniferjude likes this
- thegreatnarwhalsmuffin likes this
- thegingerbibliophile reblogged this from sonoftherevolution
- aloistrancygothicfujoshi reblogged this from sonoftherevolution
- aloistrancygothicfujoshi likes this
- sasslikecass reblogged this from sonoftherevolution
- chlorine-in-my-bloodstream likes this
- archangels-idiot likes this
- nopaintrequired reblogged this from therealshingetter1
- therealshingetter1 reblogged this from megurim
- megurim reblogged this from yuukisstory
- megurim likes this
- yuukisstory reblogged this from sonoftherevolution
- yuukisstory likes this
- super-who-lock-files likes this
- serpenteye likes this
- faux-hawks-and-feminism reblogged this from sonoftherevolution
- faux-hawks-and-feminism likes this
- honestly-i-hate-you-all reblogged this from lightning-strikes-and-stars-fall
- honestly-i-hate-you-all likes this
- fool-of-a-timelord reblogged this from barnes-jamesbuchanan
- fool-of-a-timelord likes this
Very, very rarely am I infuriated by news articles as much as I am by this one.
So, as I sometimes do when I’m bored, this morning at school I logged onto CNN whilst in Computer class. I saw, and clicked on, a heart-touching story about a young transgender girl from Colorado - six years old - who had been barred access to her school’s girl bathroom, because ‘his (the school referred to her by her physical anatomy) genitalia would make other girls uncomfortable’. Her parents were, and are, fighting a legal battle for her to be allowed access.
I thought it was about the sweetest story I had ever heard, and such a tragedy that she wouldn’t be allowed to use the lavatory she desired. I thought that, because CNN’s commentators are usually quite Liberal, there would be a massive outburst of support in her favor.
Man, was I wrong.
Thousands of comments have been made on the article, such as the one shown in the picture, displaying such offensive, hurtful things about transgendered children, comparing their desire to be a different gender to children pretending to be dogs, superheroes, snobby royalty, or astronauts. Comments saying that all people should follow the genitalia they were given. All of these with dozens, hundreds, thousands, of upvotes. And any comments saying that there was nothing wrong with the girl almost always had 50% or more downvotes for every upvote.
I have three or four trans friends, and to them, there is no question who they are. It’s not pretend, it’s not a call for attention. It’s a simple, “I have a Penis/Vagina, and I am a Girl/Guy (respectively).” It’s a simple fucking concept for me to be used to, and it sickens me that others can’t have the fucking common courtesy to refer to people the way they would prefer.
CNN, step up your moderating game, please. Don’t let these assholes say such hurtful things.
Fandoms of tumblr…I know that this has nothing to do with any of you, but…please. Reblog. Spread the word.
Reblog this like wildfire, guys. No little girl should be subjected to both descrimination in school AND world-wide bullying.
No child, period, should ever have to feel that way or face such things.
Particularly haunting for me, because she looks a lot like me as a child.
And my faith in humanity crumbles a little
If you click on the story be aware: rampant misgendering and cissexism in the comments.
Would like to point out: WHY SHOULD IT MATTER WHAT RESTROOM SHE USES? It’s not like you’re going to look into the stall next to you, right?
Its sad that even today people are still so closed minded