- meandmy6string reblogged this from sincerelymurron and added:
- notdurable reblogged this from deadelectron
- notdurable likes this
- lezbehonesthemo reblogged this from emptynow
- lezbehonesthemo likes this
- chelsieenicolee reblogged this from fragilewordswovenjustintime
- protectivepoison likes this
- samanthapalmer likes this
- samanthapalmer reblogged this from fanlaidir
- carlos--maracas reblogged this from imtheonekeepingyoualive
- nightxsong reblogged this from the-withered-rose
- nightxsong likes this
- eighttrackretro reblogged this from courfeyrac-yourbody
- awkwardandproudme reblogged this from youcancallmeawkward
- emptynow reblogged this from decodethefallenmoon
- sheis-thenewthing reblogged this from bringmeonehorizon
- bringmeonehorizon reblogged this from emiliepreciado
- sexbloodninja reblogged this from the-gothic-halls-of-shame and added:
- 5-sobs likes this
- fanlaidir reblogged this from decodethefallenmoon
- jthequarian reblogged this from decodethefallenmoon
- jthequarian likes this
- petersweetpan likes this
- youcancallmeawkward reblogged this from fragilewordswovenjustintime
- courtneykruesel likes this
- decodethefallenmoon reblogged this from fragilewordswovenjustintime
- frerard-is-my-baby reblogged this from imtheonekeepingyoualive
- 5secondsofgaskarth reblogged this from equilibris
- the-gothic-halls-of-shame reblogged this from courfeyrac-yourbody
- the-gothic-halls-of-shame likes this
- fallingfr0mthestars likes this
- fragilewordswovenjustintime reblogged this from emiliepreciado
- the-withered-rose reblogged this from equilibris
- emiliepreciado likes this
- emiliepreciado reblogged this from deadelectron and added:
- courfeyrac-yourbody reblogged this from sunisfunbutnightisbetter
- light-behind-killjoy-eyes reblogged this from imtheonekeepingyoualive
- sunisfunbutnightisbetter reblogged this from imtheonekeepingyoualive
- equilibris reblogged this from deadelectron
- moffniggurath reblogged this from deadelectron
- deadelectron reblogged this from imtheonekeepingyoualive
- throughdaisies likes this
- imtheonekeepingyoualive reblogged this from frankanthonyway
- thecluelesslywickedslytherin reblogged this from karkatleijon
- goldenwarriorprincess likes this
- sollux-captordourian reblogged this from livinghamburger
- mistresstophat likes this
- perivates likes this
- zweetlc likes this
Very, very rarely am I infuriated by news articles as much as I am by this one.
So, as I sometimes do when I’m bored, this morning at school I logged onto CNN whilst in Computer class. I saw, and clicked on, a heart-touching story about a young transgender girl from Colorado - six years old - who had been barred access to her school’s girl bathroom, because ‘his (the school referred to her by her physical anatomy) genitalia would make other girls uncomfortable’. Her parents were, and are, fighting a legal battle for her to be allowed access.
I thought it was about the sweetest story I had ever heard, and such a tragedy that she wouldn’t be allowed to use the lavatory she desired. I thought that, because CNN’s commentators are usually quite Liberal, there would be a massive outburst of support in her favor.
Man, was I wrong.
Thousands of comments have been made on the article, such as the one shown in the picture, displaying such offensive, hurtful things about transgendered children, comparing their desire to be a different gender to children pretending to be dogs, superheroes, snobby royalty, or astronauts. Comments saying that all people should follow the genitalia they were given. All of these with dozens, hundreds, thousands, of upvotes. And any comments saying that there was nothing wrong with the girl almost always had 50% or more downvotes for every upvote.
I have three or four trans friends, and to them, there is no question who they are. It’s not pretend, it’s not a call for attention. It’s a simple, “I have a Penis/Vagina, and I am a Girl/Guy (respectively).” It’s a simple fucking concept for me to be used to, and it sickens me that others can’t have the fucking common courtesy to refer to people the way they would prefer.
CNN, step up your moderating game, please. Don’t let these assholes say such hurtful things.
Fandoms of tumblr…I know that this has nothing to do with any of you, but…please. Reblog. Spread the word.
Reblog this like wildfire, guys. No little girl should be subjected to both descrimination in school AND world-wide bullying.
No child, period, should ever have to feel that way or face such things.
Particularly haunting for me, because she looks a lot like me as a child.
And my faith in humanity crumbles a little
If you click on the story be aware: rampant misgendering and cissexism in the comments.
Would like to point out: WHY SHOULD IT MATTER WHAT RESTROOM SHE USES? It’s not like you’re going to look into the stall next to you, right?
Its sad that even today people are still so closed minded