- fukumen-kei reblogged this from sonoftherevolution
- the-amazing-bannana reblogged this from my-patronus-is-a-computer
- my-patronus-is-a-computer reblogged this from kill-them-with-your-love
- kill-them-with-your-love reblogged this from sonoftherevolution
- the-princess-of-despair reblogged this from sonoftherevolution
- sister--misty-montgomery likes this
- koolaboola reblogged this from evanpetersababe
- evanpetersababe reblogged this from sonoftherevolution
- zaperex likes this
- skrillfangirl likes this
- glace-donuts likes this
- poetryformyself likes this
- theevilsnuffleupagus reblogged this from sonoftherevolution
- shakapunk reblogged this from sonoftherevolution
- shakapunk likes this
- burt-macklin-fbi likes this
- arualeindys likes this
- chelseawelseyknight likes this
- psychedelictomatoes reblogged this from sonoftherevolution
- kugelblitz-h likes this
- pandaplace reblogged this from stopthattimerave
- ickasaurus likes this
- starsaresilent likes this
- theoddnessofhats likes this
- tisne-inkwell reblogged this from fandomstuckforlife
- empresstress13 likes this
- takemyhand-letshaveablast likes this
- takemyhand-letshaveablast reblogged this from forcing-courage
- sarahbarah721 reblogged this from the-questionmark-kid
- nissapreternatural reblogged this from katiegangel
- nissapreternatural likes this
- b41l3yr0s3 reblogged this from between-the-bowlegs
- onionowlwatchingu likes this
- the-sorta-special reblogged this from between-the-bowlegs
- imaginaryassbutt reblogged this from between-the-bowlegs
- imaginaryassbutt likes this
- the-questionmark-kid reblogged this from stopthattimerave
- forcing-courage reblogged this from stopthattimerave
- forcing-courage likes this
- between-the-bowlegs reblogged this from stopthattimerave
- katiegangel reblogged this from stopthattimerave
- tractionists-in-skirts reblogged this from stopthattimerave
- stopthattimerave reblogged this from mangamaniac934
- mizdrunk reblogged this from mangamaniac934
- mizdrunk likes this
- fandombound-superlock likes this
- spg-fandom reblogged this from mangamaniac934
- spg-fandom likes this
- mangamaniac934 likes this
Very, very rarely am I infuriated by news articles as much as I am by this one.
So, as I sometimes do when I’m bored, this morning at school I logged onto CNN whilst in Computer class. I saw, and clicked on, a heart-touching story about a young transgender girl from Colorado - six years old - who had been barred access to her school’s girl bathroom, because ‘his (the school referred to her by her physical anatomy) genitalia would make other girls uncomfortable’. Her parents were, and are, fighting a legal battle for her to be allowed access.
I thought it was about the sweetest story I had ever heard, and such a tragedy that she wouldn’t be allowed to use the lavatory she desired. I thought that, because CNN’s commentators are usually quite Liberal, there would be a massive outburst of support in her favor.
Man, was I wrong.
Thousands of comments have been made on the article, such as the one shown in the picture, displaying such offensive, hurtful things about transgendered children, comparing their desire to be a different gender to children pretending to be dogs, superheroes, snobby royalty, or astronauts. Comments saying that all people should follow the genitalia they were given. All of these with dozens, hundreds, thousands, of upvotes. And any comments saying that there was nothing wrong with the girl almost always had 50% or more downvotes for every upvote.
I have three or four trans friends, and to them, there is no question who they are. It’s not pretend, it’s not a call for attention. It’s a simple, “I have a Penis/Vagina, and I am a Girl/Guy (respectively).” It’s a simple fucking concept for me to be used to, and it sickens me that others can’t have the fucking common courtesy to refer to people the way they would prefer.
CNN, step up your moderating game, please. Don’t let these assholes say such hurtful things.
Fandoms of tumblr…I know that this has nothing to do with any of you, but…please. Reblog. Spread the word.
Reblog this like wildfire, guys. No little girl should be subjected to both descrimination in school AND world-wide bullying.
No child, period, should ever have to feel that way or face such things.
Particularly haunting for me, because she looks a lot like me as a child.
And my faith in humanity crumbles a little
If you click on the story be aware: rampant misgendering and cissexism in the comments.
Would like to point out: WHY SHOULD IT MATTER WHAT RESTROOM SHE USES? It’s not like you’re going to look into the stall next to you, right?
Its sad that even today people are still so closed minded